Gods Strewn Across the Walls.
The Free city of Eliyas
The Free city of Eliyas is the richest and the most powerful of the three cities in the Westlands.
During the Godsfall, it opened its gates to the influx of refugees.
Important things to know about the city at a glance:
- Taxation is incredibly high
- Vast Gold mines produce immense wealth
- Taxes are used for social welfare and military upkeep.
- They make use of slaves, however all slaves are owned by the city and are paid a wage.
- The city is ruled by the council of 18, with three Councillors coming from the five major social groups in the city (Soldiers, Scholars, Priests, Merchants, Refugees and Slaves).
- Anything is legal if you buy a permit. (Criminal organisations have been legalised and all criminals must pay tax on their earnings. Likewise, the loss of property due to theft can be claimed as a tax deduction).